IRISH POTATO CANDY
St. Patrick's Day is coming soon! This no-bake recipe for Irish potato candy is flavored with coconut, cream cheese, sugar, butter, and a dash of cinnamon. They are easy to make and perfect for celebrating St. Patrick's Day.
1/4 cup salted butter
4 ounces real cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
16 ounce packaged powder sugar
7 ounces sweetened flaked coconut, about 1 1/2 cups
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons pine nuts
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter and cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Add vanilla and confectioners' sugar.
- Beat until mixture forms a ball.
- Stir in coconut with a spoon.
- Roll the mixture between your hands to form small potato-shaped candies or roll into small balls.
- Place cinnamon in a shallow dish and roll the balls in it.
- Place the balls on a cookie sheet and chill for about 1 hour or until firm.
- Poke a few pine nuts into each candy for the potato "eyes".
- Keep refrigerated.